Wednesday, January 10, 2007

its tough having a dope as a dad

Do mothers have an intuitive sense of what's pajamas and what's day time clothing? I mean, I can tell my pajamas from my jeans. The former have drawstrings and the latter I always find crumpled up in the corner. Easy. But with kids clothes, it all sort of looks the same to me. I admit to being lazy....I reach for whatever looks the easiest to get on the kid (she hates being changed), is on top of the pile and is suitable for the weather. If you think considering the weather in Jan should be easy, think again. In the last 4 days, the day time temperature has varied from 70+ to just under freezing. The weather is so wacky, even the plants are confused. I hear that flowers are starting to bloom.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Having a newborn at home in Jan in Boston and yet still being able to go outside is a real treat. Going stir crazy is a serious danger otherwise. But with the great weather and the bike path almost outside the door, our little Lily has already become quite the sophisticated diner. So far, she's been to:
  • Anna's (best quesadillas in town)
  • Rosebud's (great corned beef hash)
  • The Diesel (mmm, Vietnamese style coffee)
  • S&S Deli (cream cheese stuffed french toast)
  • JP Licks (ice cream...'nuff said)
Hmm, not bad for only being 19 days old. It took me 30 years to discover JP Licks and I'm still miffed about that.

1 comment:

Lesbian Revenge Sex said...

Don't sweat it. I consider artificial subdivisions in baby clothes a feminine plot. Just buy her a little black nightie: they work for any occasion, formal or casual.

The most amusing parts are the all-soft baby shoes for babies that don't crawl yet. Like nipples on a man....