Monday, October 12, 2009

Oblio(s)

While my Dad was in the hospital and rehab he went through a phase in which he kept referring to Quinn as "Oblio" - yeah the kid from that movie The Point I mentioned a while back. It all started when I made some comment about liking Dad's new shaved head look. He went on to say that he looked like Quinn and that they both looked like Oblio - the round-headed kid in the Land of Point. From then on he'd routinely ask how "Oblio" was doing. It drove my Mom a little crazy, but I kind of liked it. I loved that Dad could remember details from the Point so well -and it was something special that he and I had shared when I was little. Anyway, since then I've been wanting to get a picture of the two bald guys together and it looks like Gordon snapped a perfect one this past weekend.

 


I also very much owe everyone an update on my Dad - I apologize for just sort of dropping that. He's at home now - has been for just over 2 weeks. We've been down there twice to visit. This last weekend we helped them set up my brother's Wii and Wii Fit to help Dad out with some balance games. He's doing well, but is still recovering. Mom is on leave so she can stay with him. I guess I haven't written about it because I'm not really sure what to say. He's SOOO much better than he was - but he still has a way to go to get back to "himself". So now we are "waiting and seeing", but in the meantime enjoying spending time with him again.