Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Quinn - in photos

Somehow it's been almost a month since Quinn was born. How is that even possible? He'll be 4 weeks old this Friday. Gordon went back to work last week, so I've been on my own for a little bit now. It's going okay. The days with just Q and I are totally doable. I've forgotten a bit how much attention newborns need/demand. But otherwise, we're hanging in. My days with both Lily AND Quinn - when I am outnumbered - well that's a topic for another post.

I have lots of stuff to talk about, but at the rate I'm going, will never get there. So before time runs away from me any quicker here's a little photo essay on Quinn's first few weeks at home.

Gordon and I both marvel at how small Q is. His birth weight is only 6 ounces less than Lily's - but we're having a hard time remembering her ever being this little. So when he first got home we had a few rounds of who's bigger. It's hard to tell who's the winner here with Q's blanket advantage:



Like most newborns, he's spent a lot of time asleep. Lily got a TON of photo opportunities with her Dad - during late night feeding sessions. Since Quinn is nursing, Gordon hasn't had as many chances with him. But he's still doing a good job getting some great shots. Here's one in the awesome new blanket that my Mom made for Quinn:



He's even been awake occasionally. Gordon is still an expert-swaddler, as evidenced in this pic:



ooo look - another awake shot! He's doing his "tai chi arms" routine in this one:



Speaking of arms - I'm convinced Quinn's got really long ones. He does this really adorable thing when he sleeps on your chest. He reaches up with his arm and sort of hugs you. It's so cuddly and snuggly. He also likes to spread his fingers out wide whenever he can. Here's a typical "Q sleeping on someone" pose:



And further evidence of just how cuddly/snuggly he is. He's got this awesome soft hair that's so nice to nuzzle into. I'm glad that Gordon occasionally shoves the camera in my hand and forces me to take pictures. I love this one of Daddy and his new boy.

No comments: